The idea of manicures and pedicures, or manis-pedis, was brought to America in the 19th century. They grew in popularity once acrylic was discovered (which was an accident!) and make-up companies discovered how to make clear polish based on pigment rather than paint.
A manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment of the hands and fingernails. Manicures typically consist of the filing and shaping of the free edge of the nail, the pushing and clipping of the cuticle, and the application of nail polish. Nails and fingertips may be treated with various lotions to soften skin around the nail.
The word pedicure is derived from the Latin words pedis, which means “of the foot”, and cura, which means “care”. The art of pedicures dates back to ancient Egypt, when both men and women painted their nails. Egyptian royalty commonly painted their toenails to boost their sex appeal, while soldiers believed it to be a talisman and painted their toes before going off to war.
During a pedicure, care is provided for the toenails as well as to the legs and feet. Dead skin cells are exfoliated from the bottom of the feet using a pumice stone, with a focus on high calloused areas. The skin of the lower leg and feet are commonly massaged with a granular exfoliation scrub and moisturizing cream.
Available Manicure and Pedicure Services:
- Essential Manicure: This is our classic manicure with a luxurious sugar scrub to exfoliate the skin. The nails and cuticles are groomed and the hands are massaged with lotion. A polish color of your choice is then applied. $19.99
- Mini Manicure: This is our classical manicure just for children under 8 years of age. We groom the nails and cuticles and massage the hands with lotion. We then apply a polish color of your choice. $11.99
- Essential Pedicure: This is our classic pedicure featuring a luxurious sugar scrub to exfoliate the skin. The nails and cuticles are groomed and the feet and legs are massaged with lotion. A polish color of your choice is then applied. $29.99
- Tiny Toes Pedicure: This is our classical pedicure just for children under 8 years of age. We groom the nails and cuticles and massage the feet and legs with lotion. We then apply a polish color of your choice. $19.99
- Opi Gel Color: Gel color by OPI is an Ultraviolet manicure system which allows your nails to stay healthy and strong while maintaining the chic shine of a spa service. Goes on like polish and lasts for weeks! $24.99
- Powder Gel Dip: Powder Dip is a service that lasts longer than gel color and is similar to acrylic but can be used on natural nails with or without tips. Starting at $39.99
- Buff And Polish Change: A refreshing pick me up between a manicure and pedicure. We shape the nails, buff and apply a polish color of your choice. $9.99
- Soak Off: Soak off your OPI or any other gel color.
- Gel Color or Shellac Soak Off – $9.99
- Powder Soak Off – $14.99