The idea of manicures and pedicures, or manis-pedis, was brought to America in the 19th century. They grew in popularity once acrylic was discovered (which was an accident!) and make-up companies discovered how to make clear polish based on pigment rather than paint.
A manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment of the hands and fingernails. Manicures typically consist of the filing and shaping of the free edge of the nail, the pushing and clipping of the cuticle, and the application of nail polish. Nails and fingertips may be treated with various lotions to soften skin around the nail.
The word pedicure is derived from the Latin words pedis, which means “of the foot”, and cura, which means “care”. The art of pedicures dates back to ancient Egypt, when both men and women painted their nails. Egyptian royalty commonly painted their toenails to boost their sex appeal, while soldiers believed it to be a talisman and painted their toes before going off to war.
During a pedicure, care is provided for the toenails as well as to the legs and feet. Dead skin cells are exfoliated from the bottom of the feet using a pumice stone, with a focus on high calloused areas. The skin of the lower leg and feet are commonly massaged with a granular exfoliation scrub and moisturizing cream.
Available Manicure and Pedicure Services:
- Express Manicure Buff & Polish: Need in and out fast but still desire the exceptional service Essentials offers? The Express Manicure is the ideal solution! This quick mani includes a light filing and buffing the nails and traditional polish application. $20
- Express Pedicure Clip & Polish: Need in and out fast but still desire the exceptional service Essentials offers? The Express Pedicure is the ideal solution! This quick pedi includes a light trimming and filing of the nails and a traditional polish application. $30
- Essential Manicure: This is our classic manicure with a luxurious sugar scrub to exfoliate the skin. The nails and cuticles are groomed and the hands are massaged with lotion. A polish color of your choice is then applied. $35
- Signature Spa Manicure: The Signature Spa Manicure includes filing and buffing the nails, trimming the cuticles, organic scrub, massage with luxury cream, hot towels, peptide moisture mask, and traditional polish application. $40
- Essential Pedicure: The Essential Pedicure includes filing and buffing the nails, trimming the cuticles, reducing callouses, organic scrub, massage with luxury cream, and a traditional polish application. $45
- Signature Spa Pedicure: The Signature Spa Pedicure includes filing and buffing the nails, trimming the cuticles, reducing callouses, organic scrub, massage with luxury cream, hot towel, and a traditional polish application. $55
- Gel Mani: Enjoy a traditional manicure in which the nails and cuticles are groomed. Gel polish is applied in place of regular nail polish. Removal of prior gel product included. $35
- Gel Dip: Gel dip is a service that lasts longer than gel color and is similar to acrylic but can be used on natural nails with or without tips. The gel dip is applied following a traditional manicure in which the nails and cuticles are groomed. Removal of prior gel product included. $45
- Gel Add-On: Swap traditional polish for gel polish on any manicure or pedicure service for an additional $15
- Gel Removal Soak Off: Soak off your OPI, powder, or any other gel color. $15